Friday, February 18, 2011

Starting Out

I just out of the blue decided to start a book blog. Everyone is always asking me about what books I recommend, or just begging me to help them find a good book. I think I'm going to have a couple of different sections/pages. There's definately gonna be reviews on things, trends, author news, books coming out this month, etc. THIS IS A YOUNG ADULT BLOG.
Basically, this site is for all things book related.
A little background info on me: I am addicted to books. Literally. I devour them by the handful and go to the bookstore practically every weekend. Thank goodness I got a Kindle for Christmas because on there, books are way cheaper and when I'm craving a good book in the middle of the night, I just buy one. Highly recommended.
I have friends who have the Nook and that's good too. Once, when I was suffering from insomnia while over at a friend's house, I read on her Nook and finished a book on it. When I told her the next day, she just laughed.
I am a very fast reader. I finish about one to three books a day. Needless to say, my rooms have bookshelves lining the walls filled with books crammed wherever there is space. I LOVE books. Every dime I have goes towards books. Well, nearly. I have this quote,
"When I get a little money, I buy books. When I get a little more, I buy food and water."
Describes me perfectly.

Anyways, since this is supposed to be an opening post, sort of, I should probably get going.

I am going to have several sections.

REVIEWS (what the book is about and what I thought of the book)
AUTHORS (author news)
COMING OUT (books coming out this month)
LISTS (favorite books of the moment, top tens, etc.)

I might add more later though. Assuming that I can actually figure out HOW to get sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment