Friday, March 25, 2011

Fairy-Tale Twists

Whether they are set in modern times or just remade, I absolutely LOVE fairy tale twists. I seriously am IN LOVE with them. If y'all are like me, here are some of my favorites.

PRINCESS OF THE MIDNIGHT BALL by Jessica Day George

MY RESPONSE: No matter how many times I read this book, I fall in love with it again every time. Clever twist with romance, intrigue, and a wonderful setting.

PRINCESS OF GLASS by Jessica Day George

MY RESPONSE: This is kind of a spin-off of "Princess of Glass" and I want to read it sooo bad. <3 <3

BEASTLY by Alex Flinn

MY RESPONSE: You have probably heard about this before, but for good reason. This is a great book.


MY RESPONSE: A tad bit young but it's one of those books you never grow out of. I love it!

RED RIDING HOOD by Sarah Blakely-Cartwright

MY RESPONSE: Good but kind of strange. And creepy. It's a dark version of the fairytale, which you gotta love. The only bummer was that they wouldn't give you the last chapter! You had to wait until the movie came out!

THE PRINCESS FROG by E.D. Baker

MY RESPONSE: So cute. So funny. So absolutely adorable that I must read it a thousand times.....


MY RESPONSE: This book is perfect for when I'm in my I-must-read-a-fairy-tale-book moods. Love it and have loved it ever since I was ten. It can pass for children's or a YA book. :)

ELLA ENCHANTED by Gail Carson Levine

MY RESPONSE: Love this book. And the movie. One of the best fairy tale remakes in my opinion.

Basically everything by Gail Carson Levine is great.


There are plenty more, I just don't have time to mention them all!

Love,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment