Saturday, March 19, 2011

Katherine's Post

So my friend was talking to me the other day about how she liked my mermaid post and was like "Mom? I want these books" and her mom pointed out that they don't come out until summer.

So.....how to fix that? I'm going to post some REALLY good books that I think she'll like that are actually out NOW.

BEASTLY by Alex Flinn

WHY SHE'LL LOVE IT: (a) she REALLY wants to see the movie but the book is always better than the movie (for everything). (b) she likes cute books with a lil bit of romance and fantasy mixed in, etc., etc., and (c) its absolutely an awesome book.

PEGASUS by Robin McKinley

WHY SHE'LL LOVE IT: Hello??? It's PEGASUS! (pegasi? I don't know the plural). Anyways, I haven't read it but it's on my must read.

PRINCESS OF THE MIDNIGHT BALL by Jessica Day George

WHY SHE'LL LOVE IT: Such a good book. Really. I absolutely am in love with this book. I'm so jealous of princesses :P (I have it so you can borrow it if you want to read it, Katherine!)


ALL-AMERICAN GIRL by Meg Cabot

WHY SHE'LL LOVE IT: SUCH A HILARIOUS BOOK. I seriously BUSTED up laughing. Oh and plus, its adorable. They have this at the school library (surprise! one of the ONLY teen books they actually have! Oh and by the way, they have Princess at the Midnight Ball too) and I just got it at a thrift store for less than a dollar so I won't have to go on battering the library copy (all those folded over pages and the rip in the cover....that was me. Sorry.) YAY!

AVALON HIGH by Meg Cabot

WHY SHE'LL LOVE IT: It's adorable. It's clever and cute and written clearly and has a really good plotline. The movie didn't do it justice.....yet another one of my thrift store steals (bought five books for three bucks on Friday...)


WHY SHE'LL LOVE IT: Girl power, fantasy, awesomeness. BEST. BOOK. EVER. I know I say that about practically every good book but I can't decide! They're all amazing. This book......well, if it was a boy, I'd marry it. I love this series (this is the first). The first couple chapters are kind of confusing but you understand it by the fourth chapter.....MUST READ. (I have this too.)

I have some more, I'm just really lazy right now. I'll give you a list at school, okay?? There are also some other really good books but they are currently on loan to Mary Elizabeth or Katie right now....

<3 these books!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment